Was 2012 crazy for anyone but me? It was a roller coaster, for sure. It’s a damn good thing I like roller coasters; that feeling that you’re just about to fall into space. But roller coasters are fun because you know when they’re done you walk away safe and sound and exhilarated. That’s what 2012 was for me; falling down, growing up, testing my limits, taking baby steps, doing my best, mentally shouting while my hands were just trying to hold on.
High five! We made it!
That’s not to say there weren’t some fricken’ awesome times. One of my favorite quotes is “Celebrate Your Progress.” Let’s look at my accomplishments from 2012.
- Starting this website
- Traveling more. I went to three new places- Portland, OR, Wyoming, and Italy.
- Loving Myself
- Having loads of fun with my girlfriends
- Themed 5Ks! The Color Run, Zombie Run, Mud Run, and more!
- Being a Big Sister through Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Hosting the first Red Dress Party
- Keeping a gratitude journal
- I’m happier than ever before.
Here are your gems from the Internet this week.
- I just discovered Live Your Legend by Scott Dinsmore. I’m still browsing his website and discovering loads of thoughtful, delightful gems. So far my favorite post is his 5-Step Weekly Planning Process
- I also love Scott Dinsmore’s TED Talk, “How To Find And Do Work You Love”
- My new friend, Linda, has a great post about not having a New Year’s Resolution. Instead of resolving to work out more, try “Make Joy the Boss of You,” or my favorite, “Use a Sledgehammer to Break Shit”
- Don’t Give Your Brain to Boxing Zombies. This has SO happened to me. Love her steps for avoiding the zombie brain mess in the first place- they are applicable for so many things in life.
- Trampled Snow Art. Incredible.
- A beautifully produced article. A poignant story. I would read more online news if it was all presented like this. Snow Fall: The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek (20 min. read)
- “Leadership is just a series of moments where you do the right thing.”
- As a single lady in my 30s that is trying to date, I love this piece. don’t marry him
Golden Retriever Jammin’ to a Guitar
YouTube’s 2012 Year in Review